Re: TB bolts and other interesting things, according to me.

> I'm really being a jerk by posting this one......but:  My scirocco spent 3
> winters on the road in Buffalo and one in Binghamton, NY.  It has a total of
> 5 winters on it and one was spent in Greensboro, NC.   Granted, I have owned
> it for about 8 years and used to wash it sometimes 4 times a week in winter.
>  My point; my throttle body bolts came off with almost no problem for the
> first time about two years ago.  Haaaaa Haaaaaa.  But, of course, it suffers
> the dreaded door handle rust.  My gti is another story.  It's very unkept
> engine compartment(by way of previous owner) is solid rust and stuck bolts.
>  Besides Brett, I have seen your car.  It's WAY better than mine for a NY car
> with factory paint even though I know mine is one of the better ones from the
> NorthEast.  I bet I've spent a thousand hours cleaning mine.
> DANMAY
> 8716VScirocco
> 83GTi

Hey now! :-)

Sure my 88 16v is in good shape but I've owned:

1 1978 Scirocco
2 1979 Scirocco
2 1980 Scirocco 'S'
1 1981 Scirocco
1 1985 Scirocco	(Still have and enjoying)

And let me tell you about the hell that salt and corrosion can cause in my
life...but you probably know all about it since you've lived around here too.
You're right, I baby the 16v, but I have received plenty of bloody knuckles
(and forehead, arms, legs, and fingers) from working on neglected 'VW Saltines'
(to use a GREAT Meze phrase).  I have a great amount of sympathy for people
doing major work on their cars that have spent time in the salt zone(s).  It's
funny to hear people from the left coast saying how long a job takes, and
compare it to my usual time, which usually has me fighting as least one very
rusted together something.

Anyway, I'm off my box, or off my rocker, whatever... :-)

==Brett