Re: Question about the "snorkel" base

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:43:20 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
<elias@tesla.wustl.edu> writes:

>Oops, sorry, my fault. I read many threads back in the vw newsgroup
>refering to the pipe that runs from somewhere behind the exhaust
manifold
>to the airbox as "the snorkel" and I thought that was a commonly used
>term (guess not).
>It is the pipe that supposedly provides hotter air than normal to airbox

>for cold starts (or something to that effect, but its purpose is to give

>hot air to the airbox).
>
>Ilias

Ah, so its the preheater hose then? OK. Well, I suppose its not really
detrimental to your cars health now but depending on where you live, you
may want to replace it before winter gets here or you might have some
icing problems in your intake manifold, TB! (Not fun..)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and