Re: Upshift light

> On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 21:27:29 -0500 "Daugherty, Jerry"
> <jdaugherty@inacomps.com> writes:
> >Does anyone know off the top of their heads if there is an easy way to
> >disable the upshift light in an 87 8v.  That little light is annoying
> >the death out of me!! (Besides, something just rubs me wrong of being
> >told when to shift!)
> >:-P
> >

> >Jerry Daugherty
> >85 8v (Parts)
> >87 8v (Daily Driver)
> >97 Jetta GLS (Girlfriends) ;-)
>
> Sure that is easy, the light is triggered by a vacuum operated switch.
> There is  a small inline vaccum switch, usually between the distributor
> and the throttle body on an 8v, that has a small electrical two wire plug
> connected to it. It is as simple as, just unplug the harness connecter at
> the switch, and it won't light (usually at the wrong time) again.

  There is also an upshift relay, in position 4 on the fuse/relay panel.
Pull it, no light. If you have a Bentley, its listed in the electrical
section. If you don't have a Bentley, shame on you!. The relay is on the
next to the bottom relay row, 3rd from the right. Mine has the number 5 in
white paint on the front of it.

Brad