Re: Upshift light

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 21:27:29 -0500 "Daugherty, Jerry"
<jdaugherty@inacomps.com> writes:
>Does anyone know off the top of their heads if there is an easy way to
>disable the upshift light in an 87 8v.  That little light is annoying
>the death out of me!! (Besides, something just rubs me wrong of being
>told when to shift!)
>:-P
>

>Jerry Daugherty
>85 8v (Parts)
>87 8v (Daily Driver)
>97 Jetta GLS (Girlfriends) ;-)

Sure that is easy, the light is triggered by a vacuum operated switch.
There is  a small inline vaccum switch, usually between the distributor
and the throttle body on an 8v, that has a small electrical two wire plug
connected to it. It is as simple as, just unplug the harness connecter at
the switch, and it won't light (usually at the wrong time) again.

shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60
72 Baja Bug & Karmann Ghia