Bearings

dogmatic wrote:

> Richard Fenton/Shannon Fenton wrote:
>
> > Anyone want to post pix of my humble stock scirocco. Tuesday it goes
> > in
> > to have the struts and strut bushings with plate replaced. I hope this
> >
> > fixes the noise which has grown so loud that i am back to driving the
> > Intrepid. Now the noise is accompanied by a vibration. If it does turn
> >
> > out be the tranny or diff I guess ill be in the market for a new 16V.
>
> What kind of noise, clicking(cv joint)?  Rattle (anti-rattle clips would
> be my first and cheapest bet)? Jolting(ball-joint/strut mount)?
>
> but if you have had a mechy look at it and he replaces the strut mounts
> and it is still there, try the anti-rattle clips, it made me alot
> happier.
>
> --
> dharma
>
> 85 scirocco 8v
> 83 scirocco 8v (parting out)
> 78 saab 99L (restoring for headache)
>
> http://www.cocoloco.com/david/rocco.htm
Just got back from the mechanics, noise louder than ever, he seems to
think its a wheel bearing, it is a rotating noise. So im guess im going
to try that tomorrow. I hope this fixes it, it was 200 dollars for the
struts and bushings with new plates, he said expect about 80-90 bucks to
put in the new bearing, no offense to anyone but this car is eating me
up. Though I know i could never get rid of her, I guess ill just have
the nicest looking lawn ornament on the block if this keeps up. Better
than those damn concrete elves.

shannon
87 16V
she may be stock but shes all i got