Piddly Sh*t

Spent a delightful afternoon putting on some parts that had resided in my
glovebox for a month or so.

Item(s) 1:  Instrument panel lights -- This was one of those "why didn't I
just pop them in in the dealership parking lot and be done with it" kind of
things.  Till now, I've been getting along on the one light above the speedo.
Duh.  Actually, I think the thing that kept me away for so long, aside from
sheer laziness, was a comment I recall seeing here a while back about those
puppies being soldered in.  I'm a fairly inept solderer.  It turned out that
the bulbs were as I thought I'd remembered -- a simple 90 degree turn in or
out, and I was again illuminated.

First time behind the cluster of this one, and I noticed that the doohickey
holding the speedo cable on was different from my first '82.  I had an eared
plastic deal before, and this time I find a smoother, earless metal unit.
Came off easy, though; just didn't look like it would.

Item(s) 2 -- Injector O-rings -- Yaayy!! The cold start problem's gone!!
Another big duh to me for not taking an hour a month ago. Real easy once I
stopped trying to pry at the injector remover with a narrow, bendy screwdriver
and use a nice, thick palm-gouger of a blade.  I'd used a knife before, but
found that the diagonal pliers made much shorter work of the old rings (didn't
scare the bejesus out of me like the blade used to, either).  And hey! I made
one of those fuel-pump relay fused bridge thingies to test the injectors with
while I had 'em out.  The addition of the toggle switch made this way easy to
use.  And, I used the gas that spewed into the Mason jar during the test to
soak the new o-rings in (Shawn!).

The title says it all, but Tickled Sh*tless more accurately describes my state
after these little victories.