Re: Time for new brake rotors :)

> On Tue, 03 Sep 1997 00:21:30 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
> wrote:
>
> > 	Does this hold true for 16V models as well?  I'm not sure what the size
> > difference is between the 8V and 16V models, but I seem to recall that
> > the 16V brakes are a bit larger.
> >
> > 	I was told to go with Brembo rotors, Mintex pads, Braided Steel lines,
> > and some synthetic brake fluid.  Sounds good...and expensive.  Comments?

> Heyo,
> I would have to say with braking that if you want better stopping power on a stock
> motor, stick with stock vented rotors and go with aftermarket pads.  I haven't tried
> any yet.  :(  It seems that Forodo are highly regarded.  If you are uprating the
> horsepower or just want much better braking then I would say switch to 11" rotors
> and new pads and synthetic brake fluid.  I think for a street car, cross drilled/slotted
> is kind of a waste of money.  Except on the Ate discs which are just a bit more $$$
> than stock anyway.  I am trying to get my hands on a set of 11"ers for me project
> right now.  They will be coming off a Corrado.  CYA

  Brembo is a very highly regarded name, and if you're willing to pay mucho
dinero for Brembo rotors, they will work very well, and with the
crossdrilling and slotting, it'll work great repeatedly. You might want to
try just upgrading the pads( I like my Ferodos), and new fluid(Super Blue
is very good). This alone made a huge difference on my 16V, and if I want
more, I can always get better rotors and SS lines.
   The 11" setup is very cool, if you're willing to
drop alot more money to get it to work. I think EC did a test on the
Autotech 11" setup a few years ago. It cut down the 60-0 distance some, but
how it made the biggest difference was in cutting down brake fade.

Brad