Re: Time for new brake rotors :)

At 10:38 PM -0400 9/1/97, Etrik Patricella wrote:
>Well seein as my rotors are groved and still original,  I am gonna
>upgrade them next.  I already have the SS lines and all that good
>stuff.  What I need to know is which rotors give the best
>brake for your buck?  I was thinking of getting ATE Atom Grove
>rotors, anybody have any exp with these?
>
>Etrik

Hate to say it, but I think you're best off getting a good set of pads and
stock vented rotors.  No, they don't look as neato, but a good pad will
stop _really_ well on the stock rotors.  I like the Ferodo street pad,
might try the Ferodo Race pad or a Hawk blue next - something a bit more
agressive still.  I use Castrol GT-LMA fluid, it works well (did boil it at
a track recently, first time I've boiled Castrol).  Anyhow, if you want the
spiffy look, don't know.  If you want really good braking, get some Ferodo
Race pads, good fluid, and stock, vented rotors - that combination stops
really well, and costs much less!

Mannix