Steering rack replacement

Hi Folks-
  I want to replace the power steering in my 84 8V with manual steering.
I guess this means replacing the steering rack and removing the power
steering pump and plumbing.  I have found a GTI close ratio rack that
I would like to use.  Has anyone done this before?  How much of a pain
in the *(& is the conversion?   Any helpful hints?  Thanks for any
advice you may have!
			Thanks,
			Arthur
--
Arthur L. Hunt                       SAS Institute Inc
snoalh@unx.sas.com                   (919) 677-8000 x6876