oil cooler

I was changing my oil in my wife's *sic* ford probe, and this
time I actually paid attention to the pitiful engine bay (I don't
understand how a 2.2L 12v EFI can be such a dog) and I noticed up front
the probe has a mid-sized , very decent looking oil cooler, got me to
thinking..has anyone installed an air-cooled oil cooler to their car
from a diff make/model ? I bet I could find a dozens of  probes broken
down in a junk yard and pick up the cooler for almost nothing. Then
I guess I'd have to get a sanwich plate fabed or something to replace
the stock one? maybe modify the stock oil cooler not to take in water
but circulate out the oil?..I mean hell, ND wants $300+ for their oil
coolers.  I bet I can save a few bucks making  my own this way.

Ryan