Re: It ain't heavy, it's my motor...

<< How much does a VW 16-valve motor weigh ?

 Can it be sat upon it's oil pan (perhaps with blocks) ? >>

Ron,  I've got one in my parents garage for use in some special application
later in life.   I don't really know how much it weighs but it will take two
people to lift it if you don't have a cherry picker and if it is already out
of the car.   Before I got my cherry picker,  my roommate and I lifted it up
to put it on the engine stand I have.  Currently it's laying on it's
back(exhaust) side on a rolling cart I have.  I supported it with 2/4's to
the block and it  seems to be working fine.  I'm sure the seals are all
probably drying up but I'm going to rebuild it anywho before I run it again.
 I thought it was too heavy to sit on the pan.  Well, that's my opinion.
 HTH.
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87