Re: EXHAUSTS

Richard Fenton/Shannon Fenton wrote:

> I believe i have a good setup if someone would care to duplicate it.
> First start off with a 16V downpipe than crack it, a hammer will do
> nicely. Then find a rusted Borla muffler and rusted out Cat. Its deep
> and throaty at idle. Very audible in the car (couplers' cracked right in
> front of you). When stood on it emits the joyus music of harsh rasping
> of rusted componets and deep the growl of numerous leaks. Well maybe its
> just me.

	Kinda sounds like my car.  Rusted and cracked header, no cat, rusted
main muffler, BIG ASS hole in rear muffler.  In addition, I have removed
everything from the back of my car to try and reduce weight a little
bit, so it's got a nice bit of sound amplification going on.  After a 2
hour drive on the highway (140km/h...85-90mph?) with the music turned up
to maximum (just barely audible), I ended up with a serious ring in mi
ears.  That's pretty frickin loud.  Oh yeah, and right around the 4K rpm
mark, it gets a sweet raspy note.  Luvin it!

jason
87 16V