Engine

I found a used 2.0L 16V short block for a reasonable price.  However, the
owner has it off the car and is selling just the short block.  Is it a bad
idea to buy a used engine this way?  Could you guys tell me what I should be
aware off?  What visible signs should I look for to make sure that it's a
good deal?  He did mention that the factory swirl marks are still visible.
Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.  Thanx!!!!!
Mike
86.5 Tornado Red 16V