Re: Post Malabu Grand Prix report.... SD style..

On Tue, 21 Oct 97 10:39:46 EST "Paul Krucke"
<pkrucke@logistics.calibersys.com> writes:
>     Malibu was a good warm up, but I had a yellow car and I must have
>     looked like Ralph Schumacher, as it was a bitch to keep the back
end
>     from getting away. :)
>
>     I told Potterman to take the red one (Ferrari), but it did'nt seem
>     work well for him.
>
>     As for Meze, he had the home track advantage. ;)

Hey, don't forget, I ran 55.xxx times in 2, count them, 2 different cars!

(Big bragging rights!<G>)

>     I also had the pleasure of driving Pottermans car.  Ran like a
raped
>     ape.  I had 0 none, nada, in car time it when I was at the starting

>     grid.  Off I went, had a hell of a time finding second gear, but
ran a
>     72.4 lap which was better than my 75.2 in Shawns car.  Then on my
>     second run with Mike in the car I got sideways near the finish, and

>     managed to still improve with a 72.1.  Not bad considering I had
never
>     driven the car before the race.

I told you it was a scary fast car! Just be glad my car was running on 3
cylinders because if you would have gotten back into my car, you would
have been bored by comparison! :)
You did really good! You were only a full second slower than my best time
of 71.1 which considering your total unfamiliarity of Mikes car, was
really good! I think you would be really fast with a little more seat
time.

>     Sure, blame me, but remeber I went easy on your tires...

No you did not! You burnt rubber all the way to the first turn!  :)

>     Also, I can vouch Shawn's car does 130mph without out even
>breathing too hard.

Oh yeah, that was funny. We got into a little speed competition with a
2door A2 Jetta on the way to the race. I had a full load of race tires,
tools, jack, cooler and other related stuff and that Jetta really wanted
to play, so... we did. Once I hit about the 130 mark and pulled away from
the Jetta(120 mph spedo with the needle pegged is about where 130 should
be) Paul looks over and says, "Holy shit, (its Jesus!) your doing 130!
OK, you can slow down now!" Heh, what Fun!
He wouldn't let me show him deadman's hill and 150+....
I think he doesn't trust me or something.... :)

>     You know what they say about balding guys though right?  It's from
the
>     wild ladies who keep our heads rubbing on the headboard at
night...<G>
>     -Paul
>     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
>     87 Scirocco 16v
>     87 Jetta GLi
>     63 Bug

Hmm, I always thought it was from them rubbing my head with their inner
thighs?? We wont get into it now I think..... :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and