Post Malabu Grand Prix report.... SD style..

Ok, who else wants to come to San Deigo and break my race car....? More
on this in a minute.

OK, now then, the final results were
T55.13 Shawn Meze.
  57.xx  Paul Krucher.
  60.34 Mike Potter.

The first car i had was fast and within 2 runs I was already turning in
55.xx runs. Then I broke my black Malabu Virage Racer and I had to climb
into a backup car to finish my laps. It pushed really bad, but as my last
few laps came to a close, I was able to turn in my fastest time seen
above. (I know, Whoop-de-doo!)

Paul had no excuses, other than his car was very squirly. (I should of
jumped into his car! Wee!!) Mikes excuse was that the car was just
slow...... um... ok, I will let that stand. for now... anyways.

It was fun, a good warmup for todays autox at the stadium. Paul co-drove
my Scirocco in DSP after a day or so driving my Scirocc/Jetta all over El
Cajon ect to get used to it before the race. It seemed to have helped as
his first run was an very conservative 87.xx time. He quickly improved to
a 75.xxx time in his 4th run. He did a great job improving every lap. He
drove clean every lap, never spun, he didn't finish last in class and as
a matter of fact, I don't think he even put any wear on my tires! (Thanks
Paul!)   :)
My best was a 71.1xx which was only good for 4th. The car ran good, but I
was not quite up to the long course and blew the finish every run. Ah
well, so I keep learning. I had a great time, until Paul broke the car
that is.
Mike Potter did wind up with the top time in his Scirocco running I
believe a 68.xxx? Either way, it blew my 71.xxx time easily. (Remember
kiddies, he runs in Street Mod with all the Lotuses and Super 7's! But
still, he did have the fastest Scirocco time of the 3 of us.
Then after all the runs were over, we stayed for funruns. Paul shot video
from the passenger seat of my car, then a run in Mikes Scirocco. I cant
wait to see it. I feel like it will be a neat comparison. Maybe Paul can
change the video to a .MOV file or something? Anyways, finishing on the
run where Paul rode with mike, I drove alone. As I got on the course the
car began to run badly. Ran on 3 cylinders. New problem or something. I
hoped it was a missing spark plug electrode since I had felt a similar
problem on mikes car. I pulled the plugs and they were all fine. (DAMN!)
Well, anyways, Paul did nothing wrong to the car but since he's not here
anymore, I can blame him for it!
Ah, what a truly great weekend I had! Its been a while since ive had this
much fun. Its also very cool to spend time with a fellow VW enthusiast
such as Paul! Its kinda scarry how much he and I think alike you know.
You guys are in trouble!

(Well, at least I have more hair! <and only because he's cut most of his
off by choice..> Im gonna hear about this one!)

So anyways, who's next??  : )

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and