battery in the trunk

Hey everyone,

first off I'm really sorry that I haven't responded fast enough,  I'm  in the
middle  of residing the house and building a garage and the snow is flying
here in Oregon.

I have had my Battery in my trunk for over a year and never had a problem
with it.  I have left my lights on a couple of times but that doesn't count.

I purchased a battery box from wall mart.  It was in the boating section of
the sporting goods.  It is a black case with a lid and a strap.  I  put the
case by the passenger tail light.  I screwed the strap into the sheet metal
to keep the battery and case in place.  I got a heavy two guage wire for the
ground.  I ran it to one of the bolts the hold the bumper in place.  I ground
down the metal to a clean paint free surface to mount it to.  I think that is
the key to making this project work.

I ran the positive wire  (4 gauge) wrapped in a loom along the passenger side
under the carpet along the front seat and out the hole for the A/C line.  I
still have my A/C.  fit fine.  I work it to the Alt.  I bolted it directly to
it.  I also made a new 4 gauge wire from the alt to the starter.  all of this
is in a wire loom and tie strapped down neatly.

I also ran a wire ( 8 0r 10 guage) from the head to the frame  extra wire.

 I have never had a problem  with this set up.  My friend with a rabbit did
this and ran a 4 guage wire from the negative (Battery) to the engine block.
 He has had no problems either. I have a stock alt  and A/C and a semi killer
stereo.  Just to let you know.

I hope this helps.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions

dave
85 Scirocco