Re: front end shakes/strut bearings

<< As a side note, when replacing strut bearings you can get the cheap
 ones Dan mentions that are made in Brazil or good ones made in
 Germany.  Stay away from the Brazilian scrap and get good quality OEM
 german ones.  Mark at Adirondack is a good soure for quality parts.

 Rick
 rsl@kendra.com >>

Rick is TOTALLY right.  When I bought these strut bearings a few years ago
from the ever so wonderful Parts Place Recycled VW whatever I paid no
attention to the brand.  I knew about german ones but it didn't click.  So
anywho, don't ever make my mistake.   Learn from me....I do everything wrong
the first time around.  I added up my receipts the other day.  Almost $7k has
gone into my car since I bought it about 8 moons ago and it's still almost
stock.....but it runs like a striped ape.  woo hoo.  later

DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87