Re: front end shakes

<< >>My front end seams to have a pop in it when i hit small bumps. Anyone
 >have
 >>any ideas as to what it could be?...Also my front right wheel is a
 >little
 >>loose when you shake it but all the bolts are tight????
 >>Mike Weiler

 Check the ball joint.

 Regards,
 Paul Hanley >>
I had the exact same problem until last weekend.  It was a strange thunk on
small bumps or dips in the road.  I checked everything...ie ball joints which
aren't very old, inner & outer tie rod ends, and even the steering joints.
 It turned out to be the crap strut bearings that I installed 30k miles ago.
 when I got the strut assemblies out, they seemed like they were ready to
fall off.  The struts were still ok.  I swapped the entire setup and now
she's all better.   I'm gonna  do the whole thing again next month when I
order my neuspeed springs and koni's.    Woo hoo I can't wait.  Later
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87