Used transmission...

I am in desperate need of a transaxle for my 1986 Scirocco. 1.8L, 5 speed.
I was wondering what years VW made these and for what cars.  Thinking about
going to junkyards, but wanted to know compatiblity before I just started
looking for Sciroccos.  WOuld a golf or jetta trans work as well??

If anyone has one that works that they're willing to sell, send me an email
and I'll make an offer.

Thanks,

Kris
2 1986 8vs