HELP ME!!

Hey I have a problem my car is still over heating but now there is a new
problem.....  I was having fun under the hood looking for damaged vacuum
lines when all of a sudden i realized i had found a few wires that were
not connected.... one seemed like it should go to my engine and the other
looked like ti was part of my vacuum sstem and was near the back of the
upper part of the engine

what do they do??? are they contributing to my heat problem???
could it be my thermostat?? it is amost two years old... but is the lowest
temp one there is i think either 160 or 170 which ever is the lowest
available........

HELP ME!!!

Jeff
87 16v Tornado (HOT) Red