Re: CAR Magazine...

> I wish this were Scirocco related, but it seems to me that no matter how
> many VW magazines I thumb through, there will never be any pix or articles
> about Sciroccos.
>
> Kris
> 1986 8v

Sad isn't it...?  But in a strange way, it's also good.  Just how many
people have asked you what kind of car you drive, because they've NEVER
seen anything like it.  That's probably one reason we all have one, it's
exclusive, fairly inexpensive, higher then average performance, and just
plain neato.  Am I right on this, or what?  So, if magizines were constantly
doing articles on our cars (not that I'd mind the tech & performance info),
everyone would recognize our rides: "Oh, only *another* Scirocco.  Didja
see that article on them in last months Newsweek?  How about that 3 page
spread in Rolling Stone?"   See?  Wouldn't that be a tragedy?  So, we
get 4 or 5 write ups a year between 2 or 3 different mags.  A1 platform
coverage as a whole is way down, and Scirocco's make up a very small
percentage of A1's.

==Brett