Turbo Cams

skerocdriver@juno.com (SHAWN C MEZE) writes:
>I remember that for turbo setups, the cam of choice is a stock
>cam, or near stock cam. I don't remember why, but maybe the
>honorable Tim of ND will see this one and educate us a little on
>cam choices for turbo applications? Im awfully curious about
>this topic.

We used the stock cam in our Cabrio for smog reasons because we
wanted to show what stock engine can do and to not confuse the smog
people. In our tricked out turbo cars we use the Neuspeed G-60 cam as
it works quite well and is smog legal also. Being a Smog station as
well as a full service shop we can only do legal installs. I want ND
to be around for many years and doing illegal mods is one way to find
yourself out of business in the future. There are plenty of ways to
get clean smog-legal power. I even installed a cat on my 78 turbo
Scirocco to prove the point. It is silly to make a car not smog legal
for a few hp.

turbotim@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com