Re: 300HP 2.0l 16Vs?

Yeah 93 octane unleaded gas.
Knowingly you can easily get 200 Hp from....

-2.0L 8v eurospec, schrick cam, low comp,Turbo (high  boost) blah blah blah
--add NOS about 250hp

-2.1L 16v eurospec w/ scrick cams, chip, exhaust, blah blah blah
--then add a bolt on turbo and accesories(intercooler)250-275hp
--add NOS about 300-325hp

-G60 Stage 3 transplant
--then rework SC and modify block (2.0L)-yer around 250-275
--some claim to get 350hp out of a G60 setup....

-VR6 (it might be possible) turbo = 300+hp

It's all in how much you want to spend.($$$)..but still much cheaper
than any of those exotic sports cars. These are fairly reliable
figures for the engines as far as longevity..I wouldn't drive them
100miles a day..but definitely as long as it's driven decently the
engine will last a long time. I mean,I'm sure any one of us could
drop in a 700bhp 4-banger in our cars..but it would'nt run on 93
or idle very well...or last longer than the sprint to the grocery
store..but 300 is a very realistic and attainable figure to get,
without spending a LOT of money. Plus..people expect 300+ hp
as they pull up to a Turbo 911, not some thing with a "VW" logo
on it...that's the beauty of it all.

Myself..will be looking for a 2.1l 8v Turbo w/ NOS to install instead
of my G60 project..just due to cost of upkeeping a 8v compared to a
g60...I'm looking to make or break 300hp on it. yeah haha "sure he
will" you're saying ..but as soon as my body kit is installed...we'll see =]
(remeber I don't have kids yet!!)

Ryan

> Just tell me how? Will this monster run on 93 octane? Will it run more
> than a month? I was just browsing "VW POWER" at B&N today they had a
> rece prepared A1 GTI producing around 225HP It was carbed and had forged
> pistons raising the compression and a host of other mods what would he
> need to do to get 300HP and would there be a class for him then?

see their just boosting the block..no turbo no nos....no class...it's
all just numbers.