Re: alarm trickery

>  I was toying with the idea of adding another battery for my alarm.  I
>have heard that sooooo many times, the thugs just break in through the
>grill and snip the wires off the battery.  I was thinking of hooking up
>a motorcycle battery to the underside of the car, next to the spare
>tire well.  I would run a separate wire from the alternator to this
>battery and ground it (meaning the battery) nearby.  I would use this

That's exActly what happened to me last year...I'm seriously considering
wrapping the hood release cable with concertina wire.  That'll teach those
motherf*ckers...ANYWAY, my point is that you should wire a diode in between
your backup battery and charging system.  That way the alt will still
charge the backup battery, but if your real battery goes dead it won't take
your backup with it.  Dig?

>also thought of taking my crappy siren out and putting it in the dash,
>where room is available, and getting 2 new horns of 130+db.  I figure one

Try putting the siren inside the fender, that's where mine is.  If you look
under the hood you can't see a thing, and no way is the thief going to
waste time trying to find it.  And if you want to inflict pain on the guy
when he's inside the car, get a set of Bosch or Hella air horns and wire
the relay so that the dome light sets it off.  Now as soon as the guy opens
the door he gets blasted, and those things are high pitched and LOUD.