Re: alternator

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:46:07 -0400 joshua14@juno.com (Joshua D Johnson)
writes:

>Boy am I glad that there was some resistance to my going to GM
>crapola. From what the others have said it could just be the bushings
>in the alternator which according to my calculations I have no idea
>how hard it is to do that job.
>
>Joshua
>88 16v

Stick with the OE Alt. Dont go riggin up something. its not worth it.

As far as replacing the brushes, its a matter of removing some screws,
once you get the alot out. You can do it in the car but you kinda gotta
know what your doing. Remove it so you will have the full grasp of the
task at hand.. (Or in your hand, whatever.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and