Re: Corrado seats

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 16:18:29 -0500 "Jeff Wheeler"
<j_dubbya@email.msn.com> writes:
>Shawn, I recall that you have a pair of Corrado seats in your '82; I was
>considering looking for a pair of these in lieu of getting mine
>reupholstered, but wondered about the fit.
>Are they a direct, perfect-fit swap?
>Do they interfere with any other parts (handbrake, etc.)?
>What about the seatbelt attachment?
>Do they sit higher, lower, or the same as the stock seats?
>Have I asked every conceivable question?
>
>Thanks!

Why, yes, yes I do have the Corrado seats in my Scirocco.

They are a direct, perfect-fit swap. They don't interfere with anything
else in the car. There's good handbrake clearance. They sit the same as
the stock seats. (Which is why I put these into my car. My Recaro's were
just too high at their lowest setting.)

Ah, seat belts attachments. Well, this is not a problem you see since all
you do is remove the 17mm bolt and swap your seat belt connector from
your old seat to the new seat your gonna use. Easy as that really.

The only thing you will have problems with in installing these seats is
only if you have a roll bar in the car. The drivers side seat has some
kind of funky shield of sorts that extends rearward just enough to where
you cant get the seat guides into the rails. I had to remove the roll bar
in its entirety and lay it in the back of the car. it was a PITA, hard
core.

But now that its all done, all I can do is quote the honorable Carmen
from South Park.

"Schweeeeeet".

HTH and all that mushy stuff.....

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and