oil pan gasket replacement

My pan gasket is shot.  I recall seeing something a while back from someone
who had a trick for removing and installing those bolts that are obscured by
the adjacent transaxle, but I didn't have the foresight to save it.  Anybody
wanna share a little wisdom on the topic?

BTW -- update on my water pump misadventures -- I got the pump out, and got
all the way down to wrestling with one remaining bolt whose head I'd already
twisted off. After failing at numerous attempts with Liquid Wrench and
copious tapping,  I Dremeled the stub off, drilled into the shaft, inserted
an "easy-out" (har-har), and promptly snapped the tip off in the hole.  No
problem.  I talked the Adirondack Rescue Team early the next morning and had
them overnight a preassembled German-made pump, which is what I shoulda done
when I started the whole silly thing.  It went in without a hitch, and I'm
pumping once again.
Doh.