Re: VIN mystery deepens...

> The plate in the window is riveted to the dash. I just replaced my dash
> inmy '82 - and now it's displaying a VIN for an '87 16V! (I kept the
> orig. plate from the old dash).  There are other places on the chassis
> that have the VIN (rear trunk).
>  . . . Mark
> Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975

Interesting side note.  I happen to find a 'hidden' VIN number on my 88 16v.
There is a sticker on my car beneath the front bumper cover, where it goes around
the side of the car.  It's attached to the ground effects and runs vertically very
near the corner of the car.  It may have been on both sides, I don't remember.
I would never have known it was there if I hadn't been putting on Euro bumpers.

==Brett