Re: Changeing thermostat

What year car?  It all depends if you have power steering?  If you
have power steering you will have to move the PS pump out of the way.
It is not that tough, just adds 30min more time to the job.  Only
tools necessary are 13mm Sockets/Wrenchs.  Either way, a themostat on
any VW is easy from my doings/experience.  The best advice I can give
is go in 'thoughtful' look at any thinng you may have to move out of
the way and go at it relaxed.

The only gotch ya I can think of is if you bust off the 10mm bolts
that hold the themostat housing up.  Apply a little heat / liquid
wrench.  Depending where you live you may not have to worry.  Here in
Ohio where they roads become 'salt' beds all winter can complicate
these things.

Also, some people get plauged by 'the air bubble' I never have in 5
thermo changes.  <Shrug>

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan