Changeing thermostat

I picked up a 180 thermostat yesterday and i am goiong to change it this
weekend. Im looking at the bentley and need to know if im going to have to
loosen any belts or brackets to get to the thermo housing, it looks as
though its on the bottom of the pump so do i have to come form underneath to
get at it. Any special tools, and also I found a radiator shop that
flushes by pumping fluid back and forth through your system to break up
deposits and flush it out better is this ok? TIA.

Thank You For Your Time And Consideration
Shannon Fenton
sfenton@telegroup.com