Re: Leather Interior question

>Are you talking about the bolsters on leather seats??? or on fake/cloth
>seats????  My "cloth" seats in my 87 16V have the fake stuff on the
>bolsters...not leather.  I've got 2 extras and 2 leathers in storage and
>there's a huge difference.

I know the cloth seats have vinyl bolsters. The drivers side vinyl
bolsters are both demo'ed on the car I want to buy, and I wanted to
replace it. I wanted to use real leather to make it more durable and was
wondering if it that was the way the leather option did it. After the
seats are out I thought why not do it all in leather (got access to an
industrial Juki sewing machine) Maybe a thinner perforated leather to
replace the cloth and something more durable for the sides. Is it true
that the leather bolsters are thinner or flatter? If thats the case the
vinyl version might be a bit too "ergo" to fit retrofit leather around.

Greg