Re: scirocco question

If the car starts when you jump start it, leave it running and connect a
voltmeter to the battery terminals.  It should read high 13's at the
least!!  If it's only about 12 volts, the battery isn't being charged by
the alternator.  Doesn't necessarily mean a bad alternator, but you can
probably rule out the battery as the source of the problem.  One more
thing - if it's cold where you are, make sure you charge your new
battery, otherwise it can freeze and will soon be junk also.  Good luck!

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <---sold/traded
'85 Jetta diesel  <---traded
'82 diesel pickup
'69 baja Beetle
parts cars - '80 Rabbit diesel, '86 GTi, '87 16v Scirocco, '88 16v GTi
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm