Re: 2.0L big bore and specs needed.

> $5K! No way dude, we must research the proper suppliers and eliminate the
> middle men. I put together a very sweet 3.0L for my Corrado this past
> summer. If I add up evrything, and I mean everything! I'm hard
> pressed to be much above $6K, that includes lots of frivolous add ons
> such as the Schrick VG Intake and Genie Header.

Well, clue us in!  Don't hold back.  Get prices and suppliers on the quality
items we need for our 16v buildups, I'll be happy to go along.  However, I will
not buy a ported 16v head from 'Joe's Machine Shop' just because it's cheap.

> I know quite a few people who know quite a few people... they know many
> tricks, what works good, and what does not.

Not everybody does.  So, are you offering to help us out?

> As for compression, I'm running 10.5 on a 2V per cylinder engine.
> The 16V can probably take over 11 to 1 and be happy on high octane pump
> gas.

Hey, could work, I never said it wouldn't.  I'm less inclined to start messing
with compression ratio when boring/stroking an engine though.  There IS a direct
relationship between knock conditions, the compression ratio, the bore
(circumferential area of the piston), and stroke.  10:1-10.5:1 is pretty good,
and has little or no longevity or drivability problems (it's factory after all).
Can the same be said of higher compression ratios on modified engines?  Maybe.
Probably. Build it and we'll see, right? :-)  Again, why risk it is my attitude.
But I'd sure like someone else to try it and tell me! :-)!

> I've spoken with Ryan just a bit about this whole project, and I am
> already in contact with people who can give us good advice on this subject.

Please keep us informed.  I'm sure that many of us are considering such
modifications when time and money is available.

Thanks for the information.

> Later,
>
> Brian

==Brett