Re: Windsheild replacement

> On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, steve theodore wrote:
>
> > the rear view mirror and it hasn't come off yet.  I've heard that it's best
> > to view windshields as an item that requires regular replacement, like
> > tires, and I am beginning to believe it.  Good luck.
>
> I'm glad to hear that because I was starting to think it was just me! I've
> replaced my windshield 3 times so far (thank goodness for insurance).
> Want to know what happened tonight on the way home from work!?!  Yeah, you
> can probably guess.  Something hit the window about 4 inches from the top
> and put a small round crack in it! Damnit!  Luckily it's not in my view so
> I'm not worrying about it for a while!  Looks like number 4 is coming next
> year.... :(

  If you get it repaired within a few days of the crack occuring, the repair
will be nearly unnoticeable. I did this to my car, and it doesn't look too
bad, although I did wait close to a week to get it done. Repairing is a good
bit cheaper than a new windshield, and many places will let you apply the
cost of the repair to getting a new windshield installed if you're not
satisfied with the repair. I think my windshield repair was around $40.
Of course you can only repair it if its a fairly small crack, so it may not
apply to your situation, but it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

Brad