Re: Rear Lights - Scirocco 1982-1992

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:51:15 -0500 mark.peele@juno.com (Mark A. Peele)
writes:
>I noticed there are differences between tail lights on the Mk2 . . .
>
>Will any year tail light fit any year (Mk2) ?
>
>One of mine has some cracking - I have seen tail lights on Mk2s that
>were blacked out, that had horizontal ridges across the surface (like
>mine), and I've seen them with smooth surfaces (my preferance).
>
>I'd like to get a set of the smooth surfaced ones . . .
>
>Anyone have any input on this?
> . . . Mark
>Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975

Yeh, there are a few different ones. I am not sure how many, or the part
numbers. Any Mk2 tailights should fit any 82-92 Scirocco.
I got a set of the smoothies (non-tinted) and a set with black stripes.
I will check to see if they are cracked, I can't remember right now.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60