Re: Getting the G60 project started

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 GIMPYvwMtb@aol.com wrote:

> Can the stock G60 set up build enough air pressure to boost the 16v . . ? or
> does the g60 need to be built up to push more air. . ? also do you do
> anything to the original compression ratio . . ? Like with turbos. . ? or can
> you just add the g60 to the 10.5/1 engine. . ? with out blowing anything up .
>  . .?
> Well I wish you luck. . .I'm still trying to figure out what next to do to my
> enegine. ..
> Latta. .
>  -Danny-
>  88 16v Tornado Red

well this is where it gets interesting..
My theory is that the lower pressure caused by the 16V's flow will offset
the lower pressure required in high compression motors.  I've been reading
articles on turbocharging high compression Porsche motors (11:1) and with
low amounts of boost its entirely feasible and safe. My big problem is
getting the mixture and ignition timing corrected but I think that the
knock sensor box and oxygen sensor might be able to handle a bit of this

Ben