Re: proposed anti-theft device

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:59:19 -0500 mark.peele@juno.com (Mark A. Peele)
writes:
>speaking of lo-jac, anyone priced it out?
> . . . Mark

Last time I checked, (4-5 years ago when it first came out, just before
my 300ZX TT was stolen. AARRGHHH!!!) it was $400-$500. Much better than
any clifford, or similar noise makers. Mine didn't keep my car from
getting stolen. It just made noise and even then, they got my car from my
own driveway without a sound. At least with the Lojac, they could be on
it instead of waiting for it to turn up stripped and abandoned, like mine
was. I shoulda spent the money on Lojac, but I didn't have the money. Im
sure that by now its much cheaper than it was then. Many dealers offer it
as an option on new and used cars. Call a few and see what they say it
will cost. Then let us know.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan/meze/hello/