Re: hey guys!

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:45:49 -0700 (MST) Night Shadow
>Now is that the black sucker right behind the intake manifold, near the
>5th injector? I didn't pull the connector on that yet to see if it made
>any difference.....will I have to get a replacement one?
>
>Eric

Uh, they're silver on all the ones ive ever seen. Its got a electrical
plug, is mounted with 2 hex bolts and has a hose running from before the
TB and runs to the AAR and another hose from the AAR to the intake
manifold. It is mounted right behind the intake manifold, like you said.
Remove it and test it.

Or, you can disconnect the hose (when its warm) and cap the hose. That
should stop the extra air getting into the intake causing a high idle.

Or, get a new one. It fixed my problem when i replaced mine.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan/meze/hello/