Re: buying a 2.0L

>I finally found a 91-92 Passat 16v 2.0L engine! Only thing is...
>they say it has 26k on it, I have no way of verifying it. I looked
>at the Passat GL it came out of, pretty f-ed up, totaled in the rear,
>front fender all bent up and that's all that's left of the
>front..evrythign else is gone so I also got no idea if it was hit in
>the front..or just that side. What's a decent price to pay? He wants
>$1500, but I only feel like paying $1000..but they are just soo rare
>where I am...decisions decisions.
>
>Ryan

        Ryan,

  Are you planning to do the full engine swap with motrinic swap too, or
just take the block off.  are you planning on putting this in you're daily
driver(16V), or the show mobile?  I'd love to hear your plans, 'cause i'm
tying to decide if it'd be worth the motronic swap, and drop the whole 2.0L
engine in, or just bolt on a 2L block and stay with CIS-E.

                Good luck finding a the deals.

                                                Owen
                                                87 16V