From: skerocdriver@juno.com (Shawn C Meze)
To: shikaroka@juno.com
Cc: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Re: WInd Vanes?
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 19:21:55 EST

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997 02:46:21 -0500 shikaroka@juno.com (T Jarrett) writes:
>Has any one seen those triangular molding pieces mounted to the hoods
>of rocco's. I don't remember who made them, but I remember seeing them
>in some old magazines and catalog (D&W I believe). The were supposed
>to reduce wind drag a fair amount.  I haven't seen or heard of any for
>quite a while. Does anybody know if they are still available? And
>where/how much? Just kind of curious.
>
>Todd J.

Are you talking about the wind splitters? Mounts along the tops of the
fenders from the front near the turn signals to the windshield?
Ive seen them on a few cars. Supposedly they do add some downforce to the
front of cars but evidently its not worth it since ive not seen them on
race cars of today. (or wanna be racecars) I remember seeing them in JC
Whitney years ago.
I also think that Zender made or makes them?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
-- To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@privateI.com, with your request (subscribe,
unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.