Re: What took so long?

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Hey this blows!  Jeff sent this letter out on the 2nd of November, and
> then sent out the other letter stating that his tranny was making all
> kinds of evil noise on the 4th.  However, I got the first message today,
> while the one sent on the 4th got here on the 4th.  What's the deal with
> that one?  Not really Roc-related, more Roc list-related.

I explained this one a few weeks ago, actually - the list management
software sometimes thinks that a message sent to the list is actually
an administrative command, and it forwards it to me when it can't make
up its mind.  This means that any message with a subject line starting
with "help" or "subscribe", etc, will get delayed (I get an enormous
amount of email every day, so I don't always get to look at Scirocco-L
stuff right away.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/