Re: 86 Karmann Edition 16V

> Local dealer has this one for $2300.  Haven't gone to look at it yet,
> but the picture looks good.  I'm familiar with the Wolfsburg Edition
> cars.  What's special about the Karmann Edition?
> --
> Patrick Flowers
> Mailto:patri63@ibm.net

I'm not so sure that this is a special edition.  See all the Scirocco's
were bodied by Karmann, in fact, the B-pillar of most (if not all 16v
Sciroccos) has a little Karmann badge.  That's probably what the dealer
is refering to, because even when VW was still selling the Scirocco,
some dealers didn't even know what the car was. "Duh....we sell those?"

If it's in good condition, this seems like a fair price, could be lower
considering first year growing pains.  What I mean by this is that 86
was the first year for the US spec Scirocco 16v and many cars have
funny little problems during their first year of production.  I just
bought an 86 16v loaded with every possible option as a parts car, and
it's been BEAT to near death.  Still pulls strongly though. :-)

==Brett