Re: High output lights

On Wed, 05 Nov 1997 18:04:13 -0500 Solh Zendeh <Solh_Zendeh@zd.com>
writes:

>"I _do_ have problems w/ people flashing me, however. They're especially
>shocked when I pull back the ole dimmer switch and engage the brights in
>addition. I'm not sure what to do 'bout that, cause it happens quite
>frequently, but only out in the country, not the city. And yes, that's
FOG
>lights, not driving lights...they're properly adjusted. :-)"
>
>Maybe they're wondering why you have your fog lights on when there is no
>fog... In my circle we call this "BMWitis"   ;)
>     sz

Also maybe your lights are NOT aligned properly?? Id say this would have
to be the case since you are getting complaints from oncoming drivers.
Pinpoint which light is pointed at the oncoming drivers and either adjust
it down a little, or in, towards the center a little. You would be
surprised to see how much 1 turn on the ol' screw will do for ya. I
myself like my lights to shine directly in front of themselves. Not too
high but also not lighting up the bushes on the shoulder either. (That's
what my HELLA COMET 300's are for.)

I for one HATE when people who drive with their 100w driving lights when
its clear as a bell out. Not only is it highly annoying to other drivers
but its also illegal. In CA its considered the same as driving with your
high beams on. You MUST, under CA law, dip your beams to any oncoming
traffic OR if you have traffic in front of you. Your local laws may be
different but it really serves a public service to leave them off when
you got any traffic.
Im done, anybody got a ladder to help get me off this soap box? Its HUGE!
:)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and