Re: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OIL!!!!!

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 20:46:51 -0600 (CST) SgtPeper <sgtpeper@eagle.ais.net>
writes:
>Well thanx for the advice Shawn..
>that makes me feel happy :(

Well, if it is fatal, I found these just now on the NG. Maybe one of them
can be of use to you or maybe somebody else here on the list.

From: "Joshua Murray" <germancarman@worldnet.att.net>

For Sale:
"FF transmission $200
9a transmission $350"

You got a few choices there. and from: crzyfckfce@aol.com
For sale:
"5-speed 020 tranny.  Excellent condition, New 2nd gear syncro and
circlips.
 $300. PRICED IN CANADIAN BUCKS,"

Hey, you could throw in one of those stage 2 diff kits on that one! :)
Well, HTH.

>I only have been driving it 5 days!!! Before that I was having it waxed
>and made pretty for holoween :(  so it hasnt really been driven since I
>baught until now :(

Hmm, maybe its been sitting a while and your sudden driving of a once
parked car has totally eaten the seals on the drive flanges? That would
be cool. (in a cheap fix sorta way.)
Still, if it is you just might want to pull the tranny and replace all
the seals in the tranny to avoid any further leaking. While your at it,
put in a new clutch. Sure, its costs alot now, but why not do everything
that can go wrong all at once and have peace of mind. Im getting ready to
drop the GLi tranny and other than a complete rebuild, im gonna do it
all. (Clutch, seals, diff kit, 5th gear conversion. Throw out bearing
<its squeaking>.  repack the CV's. that sort of thing.)  All I need now
is the clutch disc and its dropping time.

I just spent the last 2 days under a 300ZX. Sheez, I miss working on
VW's. They're SO much easier to work on. At least on a VW you don't gotta
take the whole front end off of the car!

Do tell, have you gotten under the car and found out exactly WHERE it is
leaking from yet? Let me know when you do. (Personal interest.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and