Re: Ridiculously HIGH maint costs!

<<  So far, I've spent $4000 on it. >>

That's nothing.  Wait til you've had it for 8 years like me.  I'm somewhere
around 6k in repairs and stuff for mine and that doesn't count batteries,
tires(195/50's in NY with many o so many sidewall failures), don't forget
wheels,  oil(every3k), 2 sets of KYB's front (one rear), my transmission and
my labor to put it in,  or my most recent rear caliper failure (cause I'm
lucky and have parts).   OH yeah...parts.   2 parts cars cost me $800...one a
16V and one is an 8V.
As for things planned:  I just ordered my springs and will order Koni's next
week or so.  That's another $700.   From there I am going to new wheels.
 That's a grand more.  WOO HOO.  I can't wait.
I guess the moral of me bragging about how much I've spent on the damn thing
is this.....I've never been stuck on the side of the road in this car once.
  I've now put 108k miles on it myself.  It has about 154k on it.  I'll drive
it to Alaska tomorrow if I  could get off of work without any fears at all.
 I love this car.
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87