From: coutinho.ka@pg.com
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Ridiculously HIGH maint costs!
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:37:00 -0500

All:

     I've had my '86 8V for 2 yrs now.  I think I've spent a lil too much
on
it and it still needs a lot of work to get it performing like I want it
to.

     So far, I've spent $4000 on it.  I bought it for $4500, with 100K on
it
and it seemed to be mint! (Lady driven and all the rest).  All Canadian
$.
By the way it's still 100% stock!  No performance equiptment on it AT
ALL. I
still want to get (1) mainfold/exhaust (2) suspension (3) new paint.

     So by the time I'm done with it (per a quote) it'd be another $3000.
lil much ... don't ya think?

opinions?

Kevin.