Re: autocross numbers

At 11:45 AM 5/31/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I have heard of using large magnets for numbers and I also have heard of
>using vynal ( I really can't spell that).  Either way where can you
>buy it?  I would like to have some kind of better identification.
>It's a pain wiping off that shoe polish.
>
>                                      Jay
>'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

I bought my magnet material from a Silk Screening supplier. I believe most
art stores will carry it, if not, silk screening suppliers will cary it
for you. I bought some red vynal <SP?> sticker material and made my own nu
mbers and class letters. Works great. The only problem is that if you dont
dust the bottom of the magnet material, it can scratch the paint. In 3
years, this hasnt happened to me.
The vynal  numbers seem to come off in a very short amount of time. Today
there was this Corvette #77 that looked like a "7" and a backwards "7"
because the part of the second seven came loose and was flappin in the
breeze. I see this quite often, usually ending up loosing a letter or
number.
There is also places where you can simply buy the numbers you want. Any
size, any font, any color type thing. I believe Kevin's sponsor makes
these?? Somebody from the list here has these on his autoxer. I cant seem
to remember who tho..
Anyways..

Shawn