Re: Rear Wheel Bearing <2>

Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> DOH!! I forgot to mentio that you can just take the races and rotors to any
> machine shop and they will press out the old races and put the new ones in
> for you for a few bucks.
>
> I also forgot to get into the motor mounts. (Are there motor mounts in the
> :-P  rear?)
>
> Do you know which mounts are bad?? Probably not, (and probably all of them)
> but if you are to replace them, they're all but one fairly easy to do.
> If your going to replace all of them, you might just want to get the car up
> on some jack stands and use the floor jack under the oil pan to take the
> weight off of the mounts. Then you can easily remove/replace the rear tranny
> mount. Then remove the side tranny and the front mount. You will have to
> have 2 mounts pressed into the MM housings. The passenger side mount and the
> side tranny mount.
> Without a doubt the passenger MM is the biggest bitch to get out of the car.
> Especially if you have all of the stock timming gear covers on place. A
> little patience and work and you can get that one replaced as well.
> HTH!
>
> Shawn

Thanks for the info on the bearings, it was just what I was looking for.
The front mount is the one I (think I) need to replace.  I have already
done the rear and Passenger side mount (It's really weird cause I had
no trouble when I did the job, I guess my car loves me =) took me 2
hours total rear+pass, of coures I bought a new mount a carrier bracket,
and had a shop press them together.  I think I need to replace the front
mount because I seem to have alot for engine movement (I feel a whump
when
I let off the gas).  I need to know what tools I need and if their
are any short cuts (looks like I have to remove to starter).

Thanks again
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etirk