Re: New vs. Used Suspension

Jason Brunberg wrote:

>         BTW, I have had a number of people tell me that the a1 and a2 Roc
> chassis' are the same.
This, indeed, is true.  Just to emphasize this point I took the rear
axle from a '76(!) Scirocco and bolted it right up to my '82 (just don't
ask me why I needed to replace the rear end,ok ;)

Therefore I am able to use suspension components
> for an a1 on my a2.  Is this 100% true?  I'd hate to order stuff from
Yes. 100%.  The only thing you have to remember is that early Sciroccos
(pre-84) didn't come with factory swaybars, so they don't have
holes/mounts for aftermarket bars; you'd have to drill 'em
yourself...That's about it, though.

Chris G
http://www.gforce.com