Re: Rear wiper an option...

Gregory Davis wrote:

> I had always heard that the rear window wiper was an option and finally
> saw one it today on a friends '87 8V.  I'd only seen the car once or twice
> before and never really paid attention.   The car looks so much cleaner
> without the rear wiper.    Anyone else not have the rear wiper??

I've got one on my '83 with the washer sprayer thinger also.  I guess I
never really noticed, I thought they all had them.  I was thinking that
the car was pretty bare bones but then I found front and rear swaybars,
17" and 21" or something using the open end wrench measuring method, and
what I think is a 2" exhasut and cat that goes back to 1.? after the
muffler.  I think the guy that bought it new had the sports package or
something, I've still got the original window sticker with all the
options, I should check that.  Do you think the swaybars are stock?
This guy was nice enough to get leather seats for me also and the
"single blade racing type windshield wiper", that's what they called the
wiper on the original sheet.  OK, here, I just found the original sheet.
WARNING: Don't read anymore if you don't care what my car originally
came with.  This is straight off the sheet.

YEAR: 		1983
MODEL:		SCIROCCO
MODEL NO.:	533R44
COLOR CODE:	435292
VIN:		WVWCA0533DK034036
METHOD OF
TRANSPORTATION:	** TRUCKED **
Model:	1983 SCIROCCO, 109 CID ENGINE
	4 CYLINDER, FUEL INJECTION
	5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
	3-WAY CATALYST, CALIFORNIA
	EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM.
*WOLFSBURG LIMITED EDITION*
 SPORT SUSPENSION.
 VENTED FRONT DISC BRAKES.
 DUAL ELECTRIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS.
 LEATHER 4 SPOKE STEERING WHEEL.
 LEATHER SHIFT KNOB AND BOOT.
 FRONT AND REAR SEATS LEATHER.
 SPLIT REAR SEAT.
 CLOSE RATIO 5-SPEED MAN. TRANSMISSION
 TUNED EXHAUST SYSTEM.
1.8 LITER CIS FUEL-INJECTED O.H.C.
ENGINE, TRANSVERSE MOUNTED.		STD.
175/70 SR 13 STEEL/RADIALS.		STD.
5-1/2JX13 LIGHT ALLOY WHEELS.		STD.
RACK AND PINION STEERING.		STD.
4-WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION.		STD.
POWER-ASSISTED BRAKES WITH REAR
PRESSURE REGULATOR.			STD.
SELF-ADJUSTING DISC/DRUM BRAKES.	STD.
DUAL DIAGONAL BRAKING SYSTEM.		STD.
DUAL RECTANGULAR HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS	STD.
SPOILER FRONT AND REAR.			STD.
SINGLE BLADE RACING TYPE WINDSHIELD
WIPER					STD.
TINTED GLASS ALL AROUND.		STD.
AM/FM CASSETTE STEREO RADIO.		STD.
RECLINING FRONT BUCKET SEATS
WITH HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT.			STD.
DOOR POCKETS WITH INTEGRATED
SPEAKERS.				STD.
FULL FLOOR CARPETING.			STD.
LOCKING GLOVE COMPARTMENT DOOR.		STD.
GLOVE COMPARTMENT LIGHT.		STD.
DIGITAL CLOCK.				STD.
TACHOMETER, OIL TEMPERATURE
GAUGE, TRIP ODOMETER.			STD.
ILLUMINATED ASHTRAY AND LIGHTER.	STD.
FULL FATORY UNDERCOATING. 		STD.
2-DOOR COUPE				10,800.00
AIR CONDITIONER				   695.00
CALIFORNIA EQUIPMENT			    85.00
REAR WINDOW WIPER & WASHER		   135.00
					---------
FACTORY INSTALLED
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES:		   915.00
DESTINATION CHARGE:			   300.00
     					---------
TOTAL					12,015.00
ESTIMATED MPG:	28

ANNUAL FUEL COST $884 BASED ON 28 MPG, 15,000 MILES
PER YEAR AT $1.65 PER GALLON.

Well, that's about all the interesting stuff.  How about them there fuel
costs eh?  I'm sure this was boring anyone who happened to read it, but
for those of you who did, is there anything interesting with this car?
I guess the rear wiper was an option.  Thanks for letting me waste your
time.  later

shadrach